Physical Education Procedures
Elementary School Physical Education
I. Course Description
To provide an elementary school program in physical education for 1st-5th graders consisting of movement themes, team and individual sports, games, dance and health activities that are aligned with the state standards.
Elementary school students will be required to wear non-marking tennis shoes (no sandals, hard black soles, etc.) Students without proper shoes will not participate in P.E.
Students will receive a Physical Education grade at the end of each trimester. A student receiving a satisfactory grade + in Physical Education is a student that:
1) Participates in daily activities.
2) Follows the directions/ rules of the gym.
3) Behaves in a sportsmanlike manner.
4) Respects the teacher and peers.
5) Wears athletic shoes daily.